Author Topic: Megaman 10  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Rageout

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Re: Megaman 10
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »
Quote from: "eeliottheking"
When are we going to get another non faaahhhbulous x game?  The 3d ones sucked.

Maverick Hunter X on PSP was awesome, though it was a remake of Mega Man X

Offline MrMister

• Is probably Booman
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 04:38:28 PM »
Cool, Strike Man is soccer themed!

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 05:00:45 PM »
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
More like sports themed overall. (Note the robots throwing baseballs and the machine throwing footballs)

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2010, 05:22:24 PM »
Quote from: "Zadrave"
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
More like sports themed overall. (Note the robots throwing baseballs and the machine throwing footballs)

strikeman himself seems to be baseball themed, being equipped with a baseball glove and overall looking like a baseball :P
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.

Offline MrMister

• Is probably Booman
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
Err... yeah I meant sports themed.  8)

Offline KudosForce

• Almost Regular
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 12:52:21 PM »
Alright, I recently cleared MM10's normal mode with Mega Man.

MAN, that game is awesome. I must say that Capcom topped themselves, with this installment.

So, has anyone else here played it yet?

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 01:36:19 PM »
Megaman, Protoman, and Bass as playable characters. You MM72?

Also I watched videos of the whole game, and I got to say, to me it was rather disappointing with the bosses. Some of the music wasn't that bad, but some was. Here is some of my criticism.

- Some of the new mechanics were cool, such as the icon above your heard when shifting powers, and that elevator thingy on the one Wily stage.
- Wily's theme didn't sound nearly as cool as MM9's Wily sounded.
- Blademan sucked in general, his stage, theme, and concept.
- Pumpman is lol.
- I was expecting Solarman's theme to sound a bit different, and not fiery for some reason.
- I thought it was neat that the first Wily stage had some older megaman bosses as enemies.

I haven't gotten to watch the DLC stages, but I heard they are Gameboy RM stages iirc.

Offline Dave ‌Strider

• Quite Some Free Time
  • i am sort of a big deal ok?
    • the only site you need to visit
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »
forgot to post here
MEGAMAN 10
REHASH TO THE EXTREME

Offline General Guy

• Lots of Free Time
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 01:01:15 PM »
I am honestly quite satisfied with Mega Man 10

well, because i just posted a massive article in my dev art, allow me to just copy what I wrote:

Well guys, now I am here to share my honest opinion with you about the game.
To make it simple:

It was absolutely not what I have expected, but let me describe in detail.

The Robot Master Designs:

I am, naturally, starting my description with the most interesting aspect of every new MM game: the robot master line-up. Those guys found in MM10 have to be some of the wackiest Capcom ever produced. Even though many of the RM's traits where featured sometimes before (Nitro Man being a tranformer and of course the typical Fire/Ice/Electricity Robots) the robot masters are very likeable and overall form a rock-solid lineup, which is on par with those found in Megaman 2,3 and 9.
Strikeman and Nitroman are probably my favorite Robot Masters from 10. Strikeman'S premise is just very creative and his weapon is a cool nod to MM8's soccer ball, whereas Nitroman seems like he's Metalman on a friggin Motorcycle. It's absolutely awesome!

The Music:

Anybody who likes MM knows that the music is one of the coolest things in a classic megaman titles and the 8 bit tunes found in MM10 are actually quite memorable, catchy and incredibly fun to listen to!

Let me write down my thoughts to each track seperately:

Strikeman: Probably one of my favorite tunes, it really gets you pumped and manages to include the stadium theme of the stage nicely!

Sheepman: All the beeping in this sound underlines the circuit board stage nicely and the main melody just got stuck in my head. Although I feel like this track could have been much better. some parts seem just too calm and too uninspired.

Commandoman: One hell of a catchy tune! I love how it keeps you moving on, although you are at death's door with all these sandstorms and parachute bombers in the stage. it may be a bit short and repetative after a while, but overall it's nicely done.

Chillman: Very calm and chilling. A very neat track, but I did not really miss it once I cleared his stage ;)

Pumpman: Now that's a pretty cool theme for a sewer stage. the atmosphere is calm and creepy at first and changes into a pretty cool melody afterwards. Still, I do prefer MCJimmy's take on a sewer-themed song a lot more. his Oozeman song is fantastic!

Blademan: I like the slight nods to Knightman in this song. The more calm and even threatening part sounds like a throwback to MM6 but then explodes and unleashes a pretty catchy melody. Very nice, although the transition back to the knightman part could have been better.

Solarman: Wow wow wow. The entire stage felt like fire man...ON STEROIDS!
The song was possibly one of the best in the game. an epic, almost metal-ish song together with steaming and burning machinery equals win to me.

Nitroman: The song you know from the trailer is absolutely amazing!
I love the fast pace, I love the melody, I love everything about it!

Wily stage 1 inside: Possibly one of the best Wily stage songs I have ever heard. I recognized some MM-game's credits song in this and personally this is even better than MM2's or MM9's Wily stage 1 song to me. bring on the haitmail, I can take it ;)

Wily stage 2: again, very catchy melody, on par with "We are the robots" of MM9.

Wily stage 3 and 4: nothing really special in my opinion, but they get the job done.

Wily stage 5: the beeping was a bit annoying, but the melody itself was great for the last run.

Overall MM10's music score is awesome and imo right up there with MM9 and 3. It lacks a little to top 2's, which still had the best RM themes in my opinion.

Anyways, as I grow weary of typing, I say that 10 is , again, pure fan service and does not at all feel like a cheap cash-in. It's an awesome game and I cannot wait to get humiliated by hard mode ;)

I really enjoyed the level design for most of the time. sometimes a rehash of something working is not a bad thing, even if it's for the 10th time =)
Requiescat in pace Florian Hufsky.

A great mind and creative person left our world.