Author Topic: SMW 1.8 Beta 2 Bugs  (Read 26681 times)

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
SMW 1.8 Beta 2 Bugs
« on: September 04, 2009, 03:02:26 PM »
Please post your bugs here. Only post things that are wrong with SMW like gfx glitches, crashes, missing sound effects, collision detection problems, etc. Please do not post feature requests or tweaks. Those go in the other thread.

Specific areas to watch out for:
* All world editor features!
* New boss and boxes minigames
* New Shyguy mode
* Animated tiles in platorms

Offline fstab

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
Re: SMW 1.8 Beta 2 Bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Don't know if I have the wrong idea. The April Fool's Edition contest results are still there. Isn't that kind of old? Or is it because 1.8 is still in beta?[spoilers:3pdgjfgf][/spoilers:3pdgjfgf]

Offline SMW Fan

• Global Moderator
  • More Common Poster
    • http://smwfs.webs.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Some bugs I found. :)

-When you made items play the bump sound when they get squished, you forgot to change the flags in capture the flag mode, and the keys in phanto mode to play that sound.
-The 0smw world was removed.
-POW and MOd blocks don't work on people wearing kuribo's shoes.
-If you use an ice wand on someone using a kuribo's shoe, the player won't stick out of the shoe anymore.
-When you warp with the crown on your head, the crown is seen over the pipe, while Mario is not.
-The level editor should be updated to use the newer menu graphics.
-Kills will still transfer the tag if "Touch Only" is set in Shy Guy Tag mode.
-In the Shy Guy Tag menu, the top says "Tag Mode Menu" instead of "Shy Guy Tag Mode Menu".
-Phanto Mode's menu says "Chase Mode Menu".

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Ain't Nothin' but a Hound Dawg
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 04:53:15 PM »
You don't have the numbers "5" and "6" shown for options in the world editor help menu.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 01:45:25 PM »
Minor bug with the platforms. When you have a static non-moving platform placed, the skins will cycle through the standing and jumping poses very fast as shown in the picture below.

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • strawberry
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Minor bug with the platforms. When you have a static non-moving platform placed, the skins will cycle through the standing and jumping poses very fast as shown in the picture below.

[image]http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/9020/staticplatfrom.png[/image]

ancient glitch that you can fix by reducing the platform speed to the lowest possible setting in the level editor, bro

Offline SMW Fan

• Global Moderator
  • More Common Poster
    • http://smwfs.webs.com/
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 07:26:44 PM »
When a reserve powerup is grabbed after you already won a game, the game acts as if you have a poison mushroom in reserve.

Offline BlastOfftek

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 05:30:50 AM »
Hi. Here is a kinda major bug.

Computer info:
AcerAspire laptop running Vista 32bit.
Resolution: 1280x800.

What happened:
1) I downloaded SMW
2) Ran the program
3) Set fullscreen mode
4) Exited
    - The resolution was still 1280x800
5) Switched user
6) Re-logged in
    - The resolution was now 640x480
    - All my desktop icons were scattered because of the change.

Reproducibility:
This happens also by logging off and on, restarting etc. if you have ran SMW in fullscreen the last session.
It is easily reproducible.

Technical tip: If it was GL, then I would suggest resetting the game mode before the game exits;
                   now it's SDL, I am not pretty sure about what's wrong.

Offline juhis

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 01:33:53 AM »
I've discovered some weird bug, that whole screen starts to spin all around, which makes it really difficult to follow the action on the screen.

Offline MC Jimmy

• Global Moderator
  • Pon de replay?
    • MC Productions
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 07:01:04 AM »
I have problems with full screen on games too because my screen isn't usually the resolution it sets causing my stuff to be changed or the screen to be off centered.

Offline JM Dragon

• Stomp Arena Staff
  • this title came sooner than the last
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
Quote from: "juhis"
I've discovered some weird bug, that whole screen starts to spin all around, which makes it really difficult to follow the action on the screen.
That's not a bug, it's a secret feature. You grabbed an item sometime during the match that had such adverse side effects.

Offline Two52

• Administrator
  • Posts Very Often
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 05:08:28 PM »
:) Sounds like someone found dizzy mode.  Now, if you only knew how you unlocked it...

Quote from: "Big JM"
Quote from: "juhis"
That's not a bug, it's a secret feature. You grabbed an item sometime during the match that had such adverse side effects.

Offline Felix-The-Ghost

• Too Much Free Time
  • 1v1 Rust
    • http://members.allegro.cc/felix-the-ghost/index.html
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Firstly on admittedly a somewhat selfish tone, a quick search reveals that three of my skins are in there...in .png format (unplayable out of package)

A bug I mentioned before still persists...collision with platforms that move inside tiles. The first level in Artic World is a good example -- the trap door squishing...thing, you can ride on it by hugging the wall it comes out of.

I'll probably find more but right now I just wanted to say what I found.

Edit:
Shy Guy Tag sure is bugged up.
With four players:

Goal 200:

Firstly I played and got like 211, then the score rounded down to 200 and said I won
I played again, I believe I got exactly 250 and the game stopped and said I won with 200.

Goal 250:

A CPU won with 311 points. The winning score display did not round down this time, it said he won with that many points.

Goal 300 seemed to work correctly.

I don't know if you are explicitly looking for the goal number or just the wrong number, but the game should also stop when greater number is achieved.
ie
Code: [Select]
if (player->point == point_goal) //no

if(player->point >= point_goal) //yes

I haven't even seen your code so "player" is made up but it shows what I mean. Although its possible some random calculation is done on the goal number to modify it.

Another possibly is that the check for a winner is only called on occasion (ie its called when there is one shyguy but with multiple it does not check.)

edit again:
I played on goal 100 and won with 200...
I played on Goal 50 and it was hard to tell what happened; I'd with with more than 50 but the game would stop at the same time someone else got 50. Maybe a test with 4 CPUs would reveal something.

Also in goal 50, its easy to have more than one winner--when this happens they can still move when the other players die but their "victory" image is a losing picture (everyone has a losing picture instead of two winning pictures) Apparently it has not been considered the possibility of a tie.

Triple edit:
I forgot to mention that the fiery explosion sound's a bit too much for just return back to human/previous skin. And it might be a good idea to clear ZZLeveleditor before releases.

drchink

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 06:11:22 PM »
in stomp mode, the enemies walk through eachother instead of turn the other way.

Offline Ultra_Mario

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
  • all dem bitches don't got no shit on me
    • please follow
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
Quote from: "drchink"
in stomp mode, the enemies walk through eachother instead of turn the other way.
pretty sure that's intentional