Author Topic: THE OFFICIAL SCIENCE THREAD (Bill Nye isn't allowed.)  (Read 3810 times)

Offline MasterLederhosen

• Too Much Free Time
Re: Dimensions
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
Quote from: "GDKN"
you guys are idiots, the only dimensions that are proven to exist, are the 6th and the Hyork dimensions. You might as well kill yourselves for this moronic thread.
Oh you.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
  • What a horrible night to have a curse....
    • http://gdkn.deviantart.com/
Re: Dimensions
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 06:48:39 PM »
Quote from: "EchoTheHedgehog"
you guys are idiots, the only dimensions that are proven to exist, are the 6th and the Hyork dimensions. You might as well kill yourselves for this moronic thread.
Oh you.
oh me.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
Re: THE OFFICIAL SCIENCE THREAD (Bill Nye isn't allowed.)
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24:20 PM »
Topic name changed.

[/derail]

I love Science, it was always my favorite subject.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 10:51:47 PM »
I dunno about you guys, but Lunch was mine.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Madosuki

• Lots of Free Time
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 11:16:58 PM »
Quote from: "Zadrave"
Topic name changed.

[/derail]

I love Science, it was always my favorite subject.
same here science rcks!!!XD
Oh, come, lovely child! Come thou with me! For many a game I will play there with thee.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
The universe was once 23 dimensions (I can't imagine those - the width of height, the height of length?  :P  ) but those evaporated just a millionth of a millionth of a second or so after the BANG.

What was the previous posts? PSEUDOSCIENCE?  :twisted:
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
    • http://DIGDUG.DIGDUG
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:30 AM »
I dunno about you guys, but Lunch was mine.
sleep period was mine
Hi

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
The universe was once 23 dimensions (I can't imagine those - the width of height, the height of length?  :P  ) but those evaporated just a millionth of a millionth of a second or so after the BANG.

What was the previous posts? PSEUDOSCIENCE?  :twisted:

Aren't there only 10 dimesnions?

Offline Roxas

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 03:43:38 PM »
I actualy heard that there was 11 on a PBS show,

Speaking of which, a very interesting topic that fits in with this discussion would be Black holes, like wtf do they do? apparently they suck in Everything, including Light(like your mom, jk ). But is that all destroyed? or is it transfered somewhere else?

Abominations created by Me and my brother on MSpaint.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 04:37:09 PM »
Quote from: "Roxas"
I actualy heard that there was 11 on a PBS show,

Speaking of which, a very interesting topic that fits in with this discussion would be Black holes, like wtf do they do? apparently they suck in Everything, including Light(like your mom, jk ). But is that all destroyed? or is it transfered somewhere else?
White holes are the other ends of black holes. Transfer rates vary from seconds to years.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Roxas

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
Well we learn something everyday :) , I used to think That black holes destroyed everything it absorbed, but then again that conflicts with the law of conservation of mass, meaning matter can't be created or destroyed. the white "hole" theory makes sense.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
Quote from: "Roxas"
Well we learn something everyday :) , I used to think That black holes destroyed everything it absorbed, but then again that conflicts with the law of conservation of mass, meaning matter can't be created or destroyed. the white "hole" theory makes sense.

5th grade stuff.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »
Well, some things get crushed due to the pressure, but they still end up at a white hole.

Offline Kabukiguy

• Too Much Free Time
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:42 PM »
Quote from: "Zadrave"
Well, some things get crushed due to the pressure, but they still end up at a white hole.
In actuality, there is no TRUE compression when going through a black hole, just the suction storm that occurs on the mouth does the damage as seen on larger bodies of matter.
Smaller objects go through VISUAL compression, as then visually decompress out. You don't feel any different because your matter has not been touch.

you see, due to the inside of the hole's erratic syrface, you are constantly(your light reflection) being reflected and refracted at a speed that melds very intensly.
Fist with a ring on it.

Offline Roxas

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole
oh, yeah defitely, general relativity is such a common subject to be taught during 5th grade. espacialy here in america. though, i did learn about black holes from documentaries my dad showed me, but i never heard anything about white holes. also no where in that article are white "holes" mentioned, the closest thing was a  "wormhole" EDIT: I found this article though http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole It's actualy very interesting.

In quantum mechanics, the black hole emits Hawking radiation, and so can come to thermal equilibrium with a gas of radiation. Since a thermal equilibrium state is time reversal invariant, Stephen Hawking argued that the time reverse of a black hole in thermal equilibrium is again a black hole in thermal equilibrium.[1] This implies that black holes and white holes are the same object.
i thought that was worth mentioning.

White holes appear as part of the vacuum solution to the Einstein field equations describing a Schwarzschild wormhole. One end of this type of wormhole is a black hole, drawing in matter, and the other is a white hole, emitting matter. While this gives the impression that black holes in our universe may connect to white holes elsewhere, in reality, this is untrue, for two reasons. First, Schwarzschild wormholes are unstable, disconnecting as soon as they form. Second, Schwarzschild wormholes are only a solution to the Einstein field equations in vacuum (when no matter interacts with the hole). Real black holes are formed by the collapse of stars. When the infalling stellar matter is added to a diagram of a black hole's history, it removes the part of the diagram corresponding to the white hole.

well I read this, and apparently black holes Don't send matter to white holes GDKN.

I read further in the black hole article, the section "singularity" and the singularity crushes matter to an infinite density

but the truth can never actually be told since no one has actually bean sent to a black hole, and doing so would be extremely dangerous.