Author Topic: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed  (Read 3610 times)

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:21 PM »
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
IDK, but I wished Earth is united: there will be no boundaries, no countries. Therefore mankind will be together for the advancement and future of the human race. But this isn't perfect either, since all mankind will depend into one ruler, and the ruler is the one who makes the whole world organized, or dystopic.
I think different cultures and languages and everything should be retained, globalisation sucks >:

Quote from: "Rocketfrick"
no...it's "maybe will". Russia might be dumped again into communism. We are not sure. Future will tell.
What is that even referring to? Feudalism isn't any better. >:

Also thread sucks

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 04:25:14 PM »
First of all, the Ten Commandments is a set of morals, not an economic system; it can't be used to run an economy. Also, no system is perfect, whether it be governmental or economical.

One setback I find with communism is that individual motivation to succeed and be productive is lost. To simplify it as an example: if I was making a product, why would I put in the extra time and effort in to make it great, when it doesn't effect how much money I earn in wages? People are driven by money, sadly. If there is no added payoff, people will not produce the same quality or quantity of goods.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
    • http://DIGDUG.DIGDUG
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »
Quote from: "Tanuki"
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
IDK, but I wished Earth is united: there will be no boundaries, no countries. Therefore mankind will be together for the advancement and future of the human race. But this isn't perfect either, since all mankind will depend into one ruler, and the ruler is the one who makes the whole world organized, or dystopic.
I think different cultures and languages and everything should be retained, globalisation sucks >:

agreed.  what we need is not to come to a total agreement between all races and cultures, but TOLERANCE of each other.  We all don't need to be on the same page with everything. What we need is to learn to accept that other people's ways of doing things are not necessarily wrong, but are just not the way you do it.  This goes for religion as well.  as long as they don't infringe on your basic needs and culture then why the hell should you care if someone is black, a jew, or belongs to any other group?
Hi

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »
Though globalization would increase efficiency and production, it just isn't feasible. What language? Currency? System of government? The list goes on and on, and people are stubborn for a reason - heck, I don't want to learn a new language either.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 04:43:07 PM »
Quote from: "Yoshi Skier"
Though globalization would increase efficiency and production, it just isn't feasible. What language? Currency? System of government? The list goes on and on, and people are stubborn for a reason - heck, I don't want to learn a new language either.

also, it adds more flavor to our world.  why would people want to travel to "china" (or any other place for that matter) under globalization it would be exactly the same everywhere you go.  :p
Hi

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 09:42:15 PM »
Sure it adds flavor, but when countries are constantly fighting, what's the point? wouldn't it be nice if the earths nations just shared everything? shared it's resources, it's money, it's products and all those other nice things.

Abominations created by Me and my brother on MSpaint.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 02:37:26 AM »
How about:
- Every man is strictly treated on what you treat yourself. No one can abide the laws concerning human rights. Racism is strictly prohibited and anyone who exhibits it will be executed.
- Economics of a certain part of a world is the economics of the world itself.
- Cultures are respected the way one respects his own culture.
- All the people, young or old, can vote for their ruler.
- The ruler is responsible for the outcome of the Earth.
- Laws must be agreed upon the whole world after the ruler executes the law.
- Justice is fair to both rich and poor.
- Every person must have an equal and righteous share of the world coffers.
- People must be responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the world.
- People have the freedom of speech regarding governmental topics.
- Every person can speak their native language, but English is the language to be spoken in terms of social or international affairs (meaning a person has to speak English if representing a region).
- Only 5 currencies are allowed to buy and sell, and they must be agreed upon the whole world (haha  :P  US Dollar, Euro, Bahrain Dinar, Japan Yen, and British Pound - this is my suggestion)
- Every person must help others in fields of knowledge, meaning everyone must have an idea about the advancement of humankind.
- Every person can choose their religion - no one can hinder the beliefs of persons.
- Currencies if damaged must be brought back to the World Bank and has a valid reason of damaging the currency. Currencies cannot be burned, teared or counterfeited. A fine for one who counterfeits, burns, or damages is the souble for the amount he counterfeits, etc.
- Criminals are jailed forever. People can kill a criminal if he escapes from jail.
- People must follow some rules of the Ten Commandments: not making oneself an idol, attending religions activities for 50 years, honoring the family, not murdering anybody, stealing anything, commits adultery, and gives false testimonies to others.
- Atheists are treated the same as ones with religions.
- The ruler must be treated as everyone of us.
- Every person shall not exhibit anarchy.

you can change/add something when one/many of these look unrighteous.

Remember that this is for the whole world, and you have to submit laws for unity and peace.
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:04 PM »
Quote from: "Roxas"
Sure it adds flavor, but when countries are constantly fighting, what's the point? wouldn't it be nice if the earths nations just shared everything? shared it's resources, it's money, it's products and all those other nice things.

thats what i mean by TOLERANCE.  it IS possible (difficult none the less) to have different cultures without fighting.  to tell you the truth globalization would probably cause more fighting because tons of different people would be forced to give up their culture, language, etc.
Hi

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »
forced to give up their culture

Why would you think that? Just because (hypothetically speaking) The world Would be United Doesn't mean people will give up their cultures, for example Most people here in South florida Are hispanic and we have a hispanic culture, in Chinatown (not an actual city but a community) people retain their chinese culture. and in little italy(ethnic enclave) people retain thier italian culture, and guess what, all of those places are in the US, one country, so whether it be one country or one nation,  people won't throw away thier cultures.

Offline formula1

• Almost Regular
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 11:09:45 PM »
Culture is important
But as seen by Hiphop and abstract art, culture can come from absolutely nowhere...
People just trying to find themselves or finding joy in things...

Also America has shown us that specific teachings can be maintained but also change and adaot
-Martial arts turns into Tiger Shulmans

I think Globalization isn't as important as making sure world leaders have very little power, and Armies are used more as guards rather then taskmasters.
I want the wisest things to happen
If you like stuff. That stuff will always exsist.... IN YOUR MIND! OH SHNAP! UNLESS U FORGETZ IT! OR SHNAP! maybe...
Destryers Inc

Offline eeliottheking

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 05:56:37 PM »

Why would you think that? Just because (hypothetically speaking) The world Would be United Doesn't mean people will give up their cultures, for example Most people here in South florida Are hispanic and we have a hispanic culture, in Chinatown (not an actual city but a community) people retain their chinese culture. and in little italy(ethnic enclave) people retain thier italian culture, and guess what, all of those places are in the US, one country, so whether it be one country or one nation,  people won't throw away thier cultures.

but by globalization and creating a unified market we would either need a rape load of translators (good luck) or a unified language in order to allow products to be moved between all areas of the world.  you would also need to have the same goods in each area in order to achieve equality and single worldly economy that globalization will create.  This is because Trade is now unified and all parts of the earth's goods are pooled equally throughout since you can't place a higher value on a certain area's goods.  That would remove several elements of culture from each individual area because they contain nearly the same materials and language.  if you don't achieve both of those things then you have separated territories and separate economies which will create different territories or "countries" and you will have not created globalization.  You also have to force all countries to agree to a certain form of government and market.

It won't work in the earth we live in today.  there are simply too many problems.
Hi

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »
Quote from: "eeliottheking"

but by globalization and creating a unified market we would either need a rape load of translators (good luck) or a unified language in order to allow products to be moved between all areas of the world.  you would also need to have the same goods in each area in order to achieve equality and single worldly economy that globalization will create.  This is because Trade is now unified and all parts of the earth's goods are pooled equally throughout since you can't place a higher value on a certain area's goods.  That would remove several elements of culture from each individual area because they contain nearly the same materials and language.  if you don't achieve both of those things then you have separated territories and separate economies which will create different territories or "countries" and you will have not created globalization.  You also have to force all countries to agree to a certain form of government and market.

It won't work in the earth we live in today.  there are simply too many problems.
I agree 100% with that, but people will still retain their cultures, Peoples culture is a part of them, part of their personalities and part of their lifestyle, I could see how culture would adapt, but there will be several distinct cultures still present.  for example, You and your friends hang out in a small mall, and then the small mall is bought out by a bigger one, nothing will change between you and your friends.

Offline Pikadude No. 1

• Gettin' Into the Swing of Things
    • http://harrigan.org/pikadudeno1/
Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
1. The greater the imbalance of power, the more things suck (see for example pre-French Revolution conditions).
2. The greater the quantity of ignorance, the more things suck (propaganda is basically an exploitation of ignorance).

And that's all I have to say about how to run the Earth.
[size=85]"Nobody expects the Eskimo Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise!"
"And love!"
"Our two chief weapons are surprise and love!"
"And hammers."
"Our three chief weapons are surprise, love, and hammers!"
"And ice!"
"Oh, bloody hell!"

Past signatures[/size]

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »
Quote from: "Pikadude No. 1"
1. The greater the imbalance of power, the more things suck (see for example pre-French Revolution conditions).
2. The greater the quantity of ignorance, the more things suck (propaganda is basically an exploitation of ignorance).

And that's all I have to say about how to run the Earth.
well that's pretty cool, i guess.

Offline Rockerfrick

• Lots of Free Time
  • Theory of Nekomata
    • Nihilist Philanthropy
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:05 AM »
Sorry for off-topic (this happens most of the time :!: )

Religion can be a weapon. I'll prove it.

Religion is just a way of making people united, in a way that they believe they come from one thing. In that case, religion can be a weapon (in fact, Spore has this, but true). Look - Rome united by one religion. If Constantine didn't unite his Empire, then Germany, France, and others won't be included in the "Holy" Roman Empire. Another - Spain tried to establish a colony where there are many spices, and most of what they're searching is in SE Asia. They told our ancestors that they will just spread Christianity, but it goes the other way around....
[spoilers:2t3rwhvl]...they built a secret town in the Philippines and they call in reinforcements of capturing the whole country. And imagine they would be killing many people there. That's a violation of the Ten Commandments - and that is off the list.[/spoilers:2t3rwhvl]

Getting topic...

Pikadude is definitely correct. I full agree to that. Imbalance of power means corruption. And corruption means defiling of credibility of government. And that results into people overthrowing the government - and BOOM --- CHAOS.
Quantity of ignorance. Like what I've said. Ancient Filipinos were blinded by the Spaniards' real mission. And clearly they are ignorant.

BTW don't worry about cultures. Every one must respect other cultures, especially if you're in their country. Cultures can't dissipate too quickly - it's a part of history and man's life. You can't change that!

Oh another thing, history is being written by winners (e.g. wars - The world believed the American side of WWII, poor Japanese side was thrown into oblivion). It's so unfair that history books should have both sides of two opposing forces - so that it will be fair and just.
[smwstuff]914[/smwstuff]

New Jawbox | Map Request Thread | Old Jawbox

Thou shalt not pie if thou shalt not meal.