Author Topic: Gold and silver is getting remaked.  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
Re: Gold and silver is getting remaked.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
Quote from: "Yoshi Skier"
It's a problem with the human experience in general: There are very few original ideas left - just lots of different ways to use ideas that have already been said. Kind of like how they say that the laser is the only completely original idea of the 20th century. The video game industry is running into the same problem - there just isn't many new ideas anymore, since so many have been said.
Main thing that bothers me about pokemon is the fact that they're serving the same dish over and over again. Sure it tastes good and has minor tweaks and functions, but it's still essentially the same game just ported to be more timely.

and the lack of ideas in the videogame industry mostly has to do with the whole THIS SHI[sup:2bhas7uq][/sup:2bhas7uq]T BETTER BE MAKIN MONEY thing + catering to whatever the hell will hand you the most money and has the most chance of expanding (hi nintendo and sega)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:34:09 PM by Jam »

Offline formula1

• Almost Regular
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
It's a problem with the human experience in general: There are very few original ideas left - just lots of different ways to use ideas that have already been said. Kind of like how they say that the laser is the only completely original idea of the 20th century. The video game industry is running into the same problem - there just isn't many new ideas anymore, since so many have been said.

Personally, I think they have a lot of potential, regardless off any new ideas...

Unique Pre-arranged pokemon strategies
-Examples: Ditto, Wobbuffet, Snorlax, Shedinja
Held Items
Weather Effects
Special Abilities
Specialty Moves-Spikes, Metronome, Quick attack

The real problem is they need to make 100 pokemon each new game and they make most of them fillers.
Remakes are Money Milkers Fo sho, and for the most part new versions of the game are also about making money......
Pokemon is far from perfect, However, it is so awesome... that I'd rather them keep milking then have them stop... Or someone else could take the reigns...

All in all, I change my mind about Being excited for the remakes.
I am excited for someone else to start making pokemon games that will spend time on each individual pokemon and introduce the system of Extinction to remove poorly conceptualized pokemon....

I've had a few ideas on the matter...
Yeah......................
I want the wisest things to happen
If you like stuff. That stuff will always exsist.... IN YOUR MIND! OH SHNAP! UNLESS U FORGETZ IT! OR SHNAP! maybe...
Destryers Inc

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
Quote from: "formula1"
The real problem is they need to make 100 pokemon each new game and they make most of them fillers.

This is also why mssingno. was born. (missingno. = missing number, and fills many Pokémon ID's.) Also I agree, Pokémon will die very soon. (Someday they will run out of colors/gemstones, Pokémon ideas, etc.)

Offline Link901

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 10:09:45 AM »
I am excited for someone else to start making pokemon games that will spend time on each individual pokemon and introduce the system of Extinction to remove poorly conceptualized pokemon....
Pokemon Jet Black, now with Extinction mode. First on the list is Jigglypuff.

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 12:32:10 PM »
Quote from: "Link901"
Let's visit the Saffron City Ghetto.

Offline formula1

• Almost Regular
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 01:45:26 PM »
Quote from: "Link901"

I kinda like Jiggly....
I'm thinking more of the 100 fish pokemon
pikachu/parichu & ratata/senret pokemon

the twelve starters....
the pokemon that seem to be just copies of one another

I'm trying to think of a game where you could upgrade your stats as you pleased...
Time stalkers was decent....
But I didn't like how they restricted elements to certain people....

I dunno what to say....
Customizable characters, no psuedo copies?
I want the wisest things to happen
If you like stuff. That stuff will always exsist.... IN YOUR MIND! OH SHNAP! UNLESS U FORGETZ IT! OR SHNAP! maybe...
Destryers Inc

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 11:13:07 PM »
Quote from: "Tanuki"
and the lack of ideas in the videogame industry mostly has to do with the whole THIS SHI[sup:26yhvww1][/sup:26yhvww1]T BETTER BE MAKIN MONEY thing + catering to whatever the hell will hand you the most money and has the most chance of expanding (hi nintendo and sega)
True this. Money runs the world - runs the sporting world, runs the video gaming world. Sadly, this results in overuse of labels (ex. Madden, Pokemon) that results in less original ideas. It is nice to see titles such as Boom Blox that seek to start something original. Truest statement I've heard in awhile Tanuki.
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
[sarcasm:wb3v5hnx]Or Final Fantasy[/sarcasm:wb3v5hnx]

Abominations created by Me and my brother on MSpaint.

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
Quote from: "Roxas"
[sarcasm:38yv04ve]Or Final Fantasy[/sarcasm:38yv04ve]
I was waiting for that. I do have to admit, I loved 7-10, but 12 was a tad disappointing. They do manage to mix up the formula a bit - each battle system tends to vary a bit, or at least enough to make me want to come back for more. But you're right, some of the crystal games and such are a bit manufactured...
Florian Hufsky, 1986~2009. Hopefully now he can see how sorely he is missed and all the lives he has touched.

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
The only one I actualy owned was FF12, i didn't realy like it, I also owned a game called "final fantasy legends" For the Game Boy, I loved that game.

Offline Yoshi Skier

• Posts Somewhat Often
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:42 PM »
The only one I actualy owned was FF12, i didn't realy like it, I also owned a game called "final fantasy legends" For the Game Boy, I loved that game.
That's unfortunate, since I found that game to be disappointing. Try 4, 6, 7, 9, or 10 for a really good one (those are my favorites). Never heard of the game boy game though.

Offline Tanuki

• Global Moderator
  • Too Much Free Time
  • w
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »
That's unfortunate, since I found that game to be disappointing. Try 4, 6, 7, 9, or 10 for a really good one (those are my favorites). Never heard of the game boy game though.
You lose respek points because you left out 5, which is the only truly good final fantasy and a total grindfest

The stuff needs to stop not being final for once.

Offline Roxas

• Quite Some Free Time
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »
I saw the movie, advant children, on my friends PSP, it was bad ass!

FFL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_legends

Offline Zadrave

• MAGIC. LEVEL UP.
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009, 12:18:30 AM »
Badababump.

I'd say it's a good time to bump this topic. The Japanese version of Heart Gold/Soul Silver came out, and roms are available for download. I've played a bit of the rom version, and HG/SS seems like a very good game to buy. There's lots of information released, but I don't want to go over every little bit, just search for it yourself. But because I am so /nice/, here is some:

- You can get a Lv. 1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina for trading in an Arceus from an event in D/P/Pl.
- Just about every legendary is in this remake.
- You get to chose 3 starters from 3 different regions.
- The Pokemon in the 1st slot follows you.
- You can travel to Kanto.

The rest of the information is for you to find out. I really am enjoying the rom version, but once I get the real version, It'd be even better! It's being released in the US in Spring 2010. I'm finally glad my birthday is near the beginning of Spring... anyway, there's also a Pokewalk you can get with the game where you level up your pokemon by walking around IRL. I find this kind of ironic because they said games make you fat while Nintendo goes out with an idea to make you work for your levels. Hah. Anyway, that's all the information I got for you. The next time I hope on to a computer, I guess I will post some gameplay pictures. See you then!

Offline Ultra_Mario

• On the Bright Side: You came close to your record for damage healed as Medic
  • all dem bitches don't got no shit on me
    • please follow
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009, 03:09:29 PM »
Quote from: "Zadrave"
words