72dpiarmy

Blah Blah Blah => [accelerating intensifies] => Topic started by: Ryche on March 06, 2009, 11:05:11 PM

Title: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Ryche on March 06, 2009, 11:05:11 PM
Does anyone else think this is weird?

I'm relatively quiet.  I go to school, mind my own business, and listen in on everyone else's lives as they talk about and act like they just got a longer school bus.

When I pitch in my two cents' worth (nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school), here are the most likely responses:

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."
"...sorry, did you hear something?"
"No.  Just no."
"Dude, why are you talking to it?"  (to the person talking to me, if I'm responded to)
"Go away. Please."

And more.

But if I shut up, I hear nothing but put-downs from that side of the room.  Most of the time I hear my name whispered from across the room.

[hr:1cg3zmp7][/hr:1cg3zmp7]
But other times, during class or something, the class and I get along just fine (unless I say something in a happy nature).

It almost makes me want to go emo.  Not sure why, but it does.

Thank you for letting me rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.  Feel free to comment.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: DarkAndroid on March 06, 2009, 11:36:47 PM
I'm really sorry Twy.
Kids like this just plain suck, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Least you're moving soon right?
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Outrage on March 07, 2009, 12:09:40 AM
Just shut up, nobody likes you.





Nah, I kid. That sucks.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: JM Dragon on March 07, 2009, 12:32:42 AM
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: MasterLederhosen on March 07, 2009, 05:00:51 AM
Quote from: "Big JM"
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.

Agreed. That is, when you're a person that can't stand being a lonely person.

People at my school were like this for quite some time (about 8 years), but they matured.

At first I was feeling like this too, but after some time I was like: "Screw this, I'm going to ignore them and mind my own business".
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Ryche on March 07, 2009, 05:02:57 PM
Quote from: "EchoTheHedgehog"
Quote from: "Big JM"
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.

Agreed. That is, when you're a person that can't stand being a lonely person.

People at my school were like this for quite some time (about 8 years), but they matured.

At first I was feeling like this too, but after some time I was like: "Screw this, I'm going to ignore them and mind my own business".
Quote from: "DarkAndroid"
I'm really sorry Twy.
Kids like this just plain suck, and theres nothing you can do about it.

Least you're moving soon right?
Actually, I'm moving this Friday.

And it means a LOT of housework.

And my parents waited to tell me until last Monday...

But thanks for listening to the rant guys.

Quote from: "Big JM"
I tend to be like that too (usually quiet, I mean). Good thing you are moving, then. Being around people like that for too long can be unhealthy.
Then consider me good as dead; public schools treated me like this through Elementary school and through High school.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: JM Dragon on March 07, 2009, 06:04:11 PM
@Twy:
Not quite what I was trying to get at... Well hey, there's hope, though. With a new town comes a clean slate.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: AlMightyBob on March 07, 2009, 08:15:32 PM
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
When I pitch in my two cents' worth (nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school), here are the most likely responses:

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."...etc.

Clearly that's not true.
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
Does anyone else think this is weird?

No. School kids are pricks, it's a fact. They'll jump at any opportunity to ridicule you in order to impress/fit in with their friends and then permanently label you as "that guy we can all make fun of". You can either ignore them, join them, stop doing whatever is making them single you out (you must be doing, or have done, something to set them off whether it's being or acting nerdy/shy/weird/antisocial/anything not considered "normal" by them)(also, chances are it's too late to change their perception of you) and/or find a decent group of friends. In your case you get to try again with a new group of people. Don't screw it up this time less you be singled out again.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Felix-The-Ghost on March 07, 2009, 09:21:38 PM
666 posts ^

Also I didn't know people were like that in real life...
Unless you're exaggerating any as this is a rant and all...
It's like that every day?
Do you have like a face tumor or something?
Is this like elementary school or what...?
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Yoshi Skier on March 07, 2009, 10:43:27 PM
You're right; this does sound rather primitive. Either that, or these people are sophomores (I mean, just look at the meaning of sophomoric). On a positive note, just think of Lynyrd Skynyrd's lyrics: "Troubles will come, and they will pass." This has been one of the most important lessons I have learned in life.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Pikadude No. 1 on March 08, 2009, 05:28:09 AM
@Felix: I can assure you that Twy is not exaggerating, as I was in a similar position throughout elementary school, middle school, and one high school. At least the second high school I went to was OK.

Some high schools seem to have more mature populations than others, so I hope Twy winds up at a decent one.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Pibza on March 08, 2009, 06:15:00 AM
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
Does anyone else think this is weird?

I'm relatively quiet.  I go to school, mind my own business, and listen in on everyone else's lives as they talk about and act like they just got a longer school bus.

When I pitch in my two cents' worth (nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school), here are the most likely responses:

"Just shut up, nobody likes you."
"...sorry, did you hear something?"
"No.  Just no."
"Dude, why are you talking to it?"  (to the person talking to me, if I'm responded to)
"Go away. Please."

And more.

But if I shut up, I hear nothing but put-downs from that side of the room.  Most of the time I hear my name whispered from across the room.

[hr:3isp3z56][/hr:3isp3z56]
But other times, during class or something, the class and I get along just fine (unless I say something in a happy nature).

It almost makes me want to go emo.  Not sure why, but it does.

Thank you for letting me rant, I just needed to get that off my chest.  Feel free to comment.

I know exactly how it feels.
That's why I'm homeschooled :V
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: SsF on March 08, 2009, 02:11:35 PM
i'll add in.

i totally agree with you twy, it happens a ton at my school as well, and to me specifically.
Normally though it is with my friends so i know they are joking (i hope...)
but other times it is just mean.

i wish people could grow up and learn to get along...
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: MC Jimmy on March 08, 2009, 02:17:37 PM
Guys, you don't really have to talk to be respected. Like me. I'm usually a nice person to everyone at my school, even if I hate them. I'll bring up their papers, share my lunch, help them with something, make them laugh about something, I don't know, but you catch my drift. I usually don't talk to 80% of the kids in my school, but when something happens to me people will say something to the person starting trouble with me.

Also, if you agree with what people say about you like, in my case, people use to call me "big lip" or say something aout my fucked up teeth in grammer school, or they would do the notorious, your mom is so ugly and stupid, and I would go, "I know right?", thus it wasn't fun anymore when they would say it.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: eeliottheking on March 08, 2009, 05:34:19 PM
generally, im a loud obnoxious prick at my school.  Personally id say that you should either

A.  just hold out until you move, then you can start over. (although you should give a major F*CK YOU to those pricks on the bus before you leave as a good bye present.)

B.  stand up for yourself.  say something intelligent and mean at the same time.  that will generally get the dick heads to stop what they are doing.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Ryche on March 08, 2009, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: "Big JM"
@Twy:
Well hey, there's hope, though. With a new town comes a clean slate.
The part I'm looking forward to.  :D

Quote from: "AlMightyBob"
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
(nobody really cares who butts in on convos at school).

Clearly that's not true.
Well, everyone BUT the ones causing me trouble.  I guess I should've been a bit more specific.

Quote from: "Felix-The-Ghost"
Unless you're exaggerating any as this is a rant and all...
Nope, no exaggeration.
It's like that every day?
Yes, quite frankly.
Do you have like a face tumor or something?
Not that I know of....  [/color]*checks*  Nope.
Is this like elementary school or what...?
It seems like it most of the time, but sadly, no, this is high school.

Quote from: "Pikadude No. 1"
Some high schools seem to have more mature populations than others, so I hope Twy winds up at a decent one.
Aww, thanks~

Quote from: "ssf"
i wish people could grow up and learn to get along...
I know...  :/

Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Also, if you agree with what people say about you like, in my case, people use to call me "big lip" or say something aout my **** up teeth in grammer school, or they would do the notorious, your mom is so ugly and stupid, and I would go, "I know right?", thus it wasn't fun anymore when they would say it.
Wow... and I haven't thought of this?  XD
I'll try that, thanks for the advice.

Quote from: "eeliottheking"
generally, im a loud obnoxious prick at my school.  Personally id say that you should either

A.  just hold out until you move, then you can start over. (although you should give a major F*CK YOU to those pricks on the bus before you leave as a good bye present.)

B.  stand up for yourself.  say something intelligent and mean at the same time.  that will generally get the dick heads to stop what they are doing.
A.  I've thought about telling them that, but the only downside is that I go to a private school, thus we have a lack of busses  (a.k.a. none at all).

B.  Tried that.  Only made things worse.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: SsF on March 09, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
A.  I've thought about telling them that, but the only downside is that I go to a private school
ah there is a problem as well. Private school kids are generally horrible compared to public school kids.

hopefully you are going to a public school so it will be better.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Pikadude No. 1 on March 10, 2009, 04:13:49 AM
@ssf: That does not align with my experiences, but then, I've never been to a private school. If what you say is true, I really don't want to know private school kids.

I suspect the truth is what I've already stated: that some schools have more mature populations than others. Private vs. public probably isn't a factor.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: eeliottheking on March 10, 2009, 03:19:08 PM
Quote from: "ssf"
Quote from: "Twyleiht"
A.  I've thought about telling them that, but the only downside is that I go to a private school
ah there is a problem as well. Private school kids are generally horrible compared to public school kids.

hopefully you are going to a public school so it will be better.

i think its hard to generalize all private schools and public schools.  i absolutely hate my school and its a public school.  i know tons of kids that go to private schools that are WAY nicer than the kids at my school, and i know tons of kids at different private schools that are meaner too.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Yoshi Skier on March 10, 2009, 05:43:58 PM
Thanks Eeliot, cuz I go to a private school. I don't believe that private/public has anything to do with it; it's a decision made by parents usually, whether the kids want it or not. Personally, I can't thank my parents enough for sending me to a Catholic school, but that's just me. I won't even get into the academic part of that issue.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Kabukiguy on March 10, 2009, 08:00:05 PM
Its always a toss up.

But public schools are damn horrible if a child wants to be left alone.


Which is why I choose to pick on them.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Ryche on March 14, 2009, 09:34:41 AM
Well, I'm finally moving, and yesterday was my last at my school.

And, a third change of plans:  I'm moving today.

...ouch.

I just hope it will all be better in Okie.  Thanks for listening.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Pikadude No. 1 on March 14, 2009, 03:11:50 PM
Okie-dokie.

...Lame joke. And probably one you heard before. I'm sorry. :(
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: eeliottheking on March 14, 2009, 03:14:59 PM
Quote from: "Pikadude No. 1"
Okie-dokie.

...Lame joke. And probably one you heard before. I'm sorry. :(

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you are so punny.
Title: Re: Excuse me while I vent.
Post by: Ryche on March 18, 2009, 11:46:56 PM
Quote from: "Pikadude No. 1"
Okie-dokie.

...Lame joke. And probably one you heard before. I'm sorry. :(
Let me think....

That's the 18'th time I've heard that one.  I've been keeping count, actually.

XD