72dpiarmy

Blah Blah Blah => General Discussion => Topic started by: Roxas on June 10, 2009, 02:59:16 PM

Title: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 10, 2009, 02:59:16 PM
The first thing I have to say is that this is a very controversial subject, and If I hear anything close to
Quote
OMG COMMUNISTS, SUK MY CAPITALIST NUTZ
I will lock this topic


In History class, a month ago, I got to learn a bit about Communism. Although I do prefer Capitalism,  Communism does have its own strong points, then again, so does capitalism.

Communism
Pros:
Everyone gets paid according to their family size
which means, No social classes and no homeless
Less business competition, everything is run by the government
Cons:
Communism usualy gets out of hand because only one man is put in power, and he fucks it up.
The labor force gets discouraged because there is no real incentive to work (no raise).
and their is no way to become wealthy
Capitalism
Pros:
people are able to become rich, make tons of money and become famous.
More individual rights and freedoms
competition among business leads to lower prices
Cons:
Even though people are able to become extremely wealthy, they may also become dirt poor. due to homelessness, more people are prone to crimes.

Now what If we combine them:
[s:2z8t1656]Capicommunalism[/s:2z8t1656]
For those of you that didn't know, this was a joke.

[s:2z8t1656]The 10 commandments[/s:2z8t1656]
Ok, I get it, bad idea, I was proven wrong.

How would you guys run thing?
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Madosuki on June 10, 2009, 03:16:11 PM
idk, but that 10 comandments wouldnt work as well as you think
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Tanuki on June 10, 2009, 03:35:28 PM
You have no clue about communism or capitalism at all amirite, your entire post reeks of some sort of mix of ignorance and idiocy

Quote
Communism usualy gets out of hand because only one man is put in power, and he **** it up.
There have been no communist countries so far, only socialist ones (where socialism would be the stepping stone from capitalism to communism), and you're specifically talking about Stalin, in a way. Trotsky would have probably done a better job but he just had to be too arrogant to actually consider Stalin a threat and hurp-a-durp lol exile lol mexico lol icepick in head

there's a lot more faults in capitalism than you listed, anyways
I mean, the fact that there's individual global businesses that are richer than god damn poland is quite a mess, don't you think

not even going to bother to say anything about "Capicommunalism" and "The 10 commandments" rofl
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 10, 2009, 07:47:19 PM
I'll admit I Don't know too much about communism as I've only studied it for a week, but I was just speaking my mind Tanuki. And I don't think any form of governing has worked at all, every government is corrupted, and from what I have heard every single country is in debt. the capicommunism was just a thought.

Quote
idk, but that 10 comandments wouldnt work as well as you think

explain, I would like to your side of it.

I think that they will work well because they are simple rules, the basics, we don't need anything else.
Quote
I am the Lord your God    
You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol
You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God
Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
Honor your father and mother    
You shall not murder    
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not stea
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
You shall not covet your neighbor's wife
You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor
And If you think of it almost  every single law ever made is based on these simple commandments
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: MC Jimmy on June 10, 2009, 07:59:04 PM
Is god a CEO?
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Zadrave on June 10, 2009, 08:41:16 PM
What about the people who are Athiest?
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 10, 2009, 08:49:27 PM
Quote from: "MC Jimmy"
Is god a CEO?
no, hes a lesbian.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 10, 2009, 08:55:08 PM
Even If you are athiest those are good rules to follow, with the exception of 1 2 and 3 (only if your athiest).
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Zadrave on June 10, 2009, 08:57:47 PM
Quote from: "Roxas"
Even If you are athiest those are good rules to follow, with the exception of 1 2 and 3 (only if your athiest).

Not to mention 4 and 5.

Quote from: "The Newspaper"
Politicians and Communists are joining together under the new 5 commandments. People are raging.
It sounds like it won't work man.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 10, 2009, 09:40:43 PM
Quote
Not to mention 4 and 5.
lol I forgot those.

Quote from: "The Newspaper"
Politicians and Communists are joining together under the new 5 commandments. People are raging.
I lol'd
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Madosuki on June 10, 2009, 09:51:23 PM
With no one ruling/enforcing them people would break them and with out any consequences there would be chaos most peopl only follow rules because theres consequences (i know thts why i do)
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: MrMister on June 10, 2009, 10:11:50 PM
Communism looks good on paper, but execution is horrible due to the human factor: greed.
Capitalism has it's major an minor flaws, but it works as showcased by the United States 200+ year run.
The Ten Commandments... I'm not really educated enough about this one to give an opinion so I'll leave it alone.

Out of the two I know, Capitalism seems to work the best and is proven to.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: JJames19119 on June 10, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
This topic is boderlining on things we shouldn't necessarily talk about too much.

Keep this topic clean, the moment this topic starts deteriorating is the moment it gets locked and potential warns get thrown around.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Link901 on June 11, 2009, 08:48:58 AM
I'm not much for politics, so I'll leave this topic with this.
In communist Russia, topic derail you!
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 11, 2009, 10:34:45 AM
Quote from: "Link901"
I'm not much for politics, so I'll leave this topic with this.
In communist Russia, topic derail you!

 :D  Russian reversal!

If communism should prevail, you have to hope for your leader that he'll be fair. And since communism is a dirty type of government, that would be almost impossible to happen.

Plus, ten commandments are really....VERY HARD TO FOLLOW. You can't live without breaking a SIMPLE RULE. Example is the Sabbath, yeah people are way TOO busy and for that, he can't do that for people with whom he work for/with would be very angry. Remember that people have different principles. They will do what is right. I'm not an atheist but just really this is very hard to follow.

Yeah, I agree with capitalism cons. There you should decide VERY carefully for your life. If not, you'll die in vain.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 11, 2009, 12:46:33 PM
Quote from: "Mr Mister"
Communism looks good on paper, but execution is horrible due to the human factor: greed.
Capitalism has it's major an minor flaws, but it works as showcased by the United States 200+ year run.
The Ten Commandments... I'm not really educated enough about this one to give an opinion so I'll leave it alone.

Out of the two I know, Capitalism seems to work the best and is proven to.
well said, Before I actualy learned what communism was I was all "communism sux" but then I learned a bit about it, and it actually does look good on paper, i was actually interested in the idea, but what communist society has lasted more than 50 years?


Quote
Plus, ten commandments are really....VERY HARD TO FOLLOW. You can't live without breaking a SIMPLE RULE. Example is the Sabbath, yeah people are way TOO busy and for that, he can't do that for people with whom he work for/with would be very angry. Remember that people have different principles. They will do what is right. I'm not an atheist but just really this is very hard to follow.
You give a great point, I change my mind about those, I would rather live in my nice capitalist nation. but on the flip-side some of the rules are more like things that people should/shouldn't be doing anyway. Like killing people, or having an affair, not idolizing yourself.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 11, 2009, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
They will do what is right.

Oh may I add "they will do what they want and they want it now. It's a person thing, you know. People, most of them, get angry when their necessities aren't fulfilled."
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: MC Jimmy on June 11, 2009, 04:42:53 PM
Too bad not everyone is christian, so the ten commandments wouldn't need to apply to them.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 11, 2009, 05:18:02 PM
1-5 wouldn't apply to atheists, but 6-10 should apply to everyone.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Madosuki on June 11, 2009, 05:34:56 PM
but, once again,  that dosnt mean theyll be followed
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Evil Eye Sigma [But] on June 11, 2009, 06:15:29 PM
The non-religious Commandments are very vague. There are some rules you feel are good now that aren't in the said commandments, that would make them legal. For example, How would you feel about Pedophilia being legalized?
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 11, 2009, 09:07:56 PM
Moslems are a sure blow from ten commandments. They can legalize killings - Jihad.

First commandment is "You shall have no other gods than me"... how about those non-Christians especially polytheismic religions? Will they perish in hell?

You CAN disobey the 10 commandments because this is made by man. In addition to that, can your soul burn in hell if you believe your religion truly? Christianity has holes in the genuineness of their beliefs, example is Catholicism in which, it was a combination of religions for Constantine to unite his Empire. Is December 25 Christmas when then animals in the manger goes out to graze?

I am a true Catholic. I just express my idea, and I'm not an atheist.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: MC Jimmy on June 11, 2009, 09:45:17 PM
Ok I gotta address that if you want to keep this topic serious, you need to correctly spell things.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 11, 2009, 11:00:17 PM
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
Muslim Extremists are a sure blow from ten commandments. They can rationalize killings - Jihad.

Fixed.

Quote from: "me"
Christian Extremists are a sure blow from ten commandments. They can rationalize killings - Crusades.

rephrased.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: formula1 on June 12, 2009, 04:15:48 AM
Goal
-Mass profuction and energy
--When the cost of labor becomes lower then the cost of Energy, we realize that labor is no longer necessary in our economy and people just become lazy asses
-Seeking more space science since in the long term, our sun will burn out, our solarsystem will die and we must seek to continue to thrive even after.
--Making sure of this may mean creating robots that clone our dna in order to reproduce on foreign planets while also avoiding any potential gravity traps and energy problems the universe has in store.
-Promoting freedom of speech, in as many ways possible
-Making sure our earth doesn't die off before we can get off it. the safety of the planet is important, but not the most important thing

Protection
-The police force, CIA and FBI are very important, however, there needs to be a few ways tp make sure there are checks and balances on the powerful
1) making sure they feel like they are part of the world, and that killing a person is like killing a family member
2) making sure that there job is to patrol, protect and serve. They are not a task force but rather as much taxi drivers as they are protectors.
3) THe people should not hate them as much as respect them and the job they are meant to serve. Hate the rules, not the people.

Drugs and Happiness and economy
-Every one will get the same amount in paycheck
--Jobs include
---Sector Management (this can be in any sector, but basically involves more paper work then anything else)
---Protection
---Service-Includes restaurant
---Refurbishing-Includes plumbing, archatecture and engineering
---Exploration-Includes Past, Present and future
---Government-Government will be a mandatory class in school, and anyone will be an eligable choice. It will work like jury duty rather then a campaign, anyone can do it, its if you're the unlucky one to have to.

-With each paycheck you have the choice to get a bunch of valuable items, and the goal would to make sure products were cheap enough to make so everyone can have one while also creating add ons for personal customization satisfaction that people would have to save up for

You do not get a paycheck if you don't have a job
-School is free, however the guidlines of passing

Capitalist aspects
-Inventions will get you money for each time a person buys the product
-Fame will get you money for each time people buy your product
-There will be "Electricity gyms" where people can ride bicycles and lift weights and the movement is transfered into electricity. Depending on how much electricity you make will decide how much money you take


Laws
-They initially go through the lower offices, and if they are accepted, they are passed to relays that allow other offices to see whether they are worth it or not.













yeah........
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: MC Jimmy on June 12, 2009, 09:21:35 AM
Quote from: "formula1"
Drugs and Happiness and economy
I sure hope you don't mean we need drugs to be happy in life, and for our society to work.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 12, 2009, 09:27:49 AM
USSR is a dystopia during communism.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 12, 2009, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: "formula1"
Goal
-Mass profuction and energy
--When the cost of labor becomes lower then the cost of Energy, we realize that labor is no longer necessary in our economy and people just become lazy asses
-Seeking more space science since in the long term, our sun will burn out, our solarsystem will die and we must seek to continue to thrive even after.
--Making sure of this may mean creating robots that clone our dna in order to reproduce on foreign planets while also avoiding any potential gravity traps and energy problems the universe has in store.
-Promoting freedom of speech, in as many ways possible
-Making sure our earth doesn't die off before we can get off it. the safety of the planet is important, but not the most important thing

Protection
-The police force, CIA and FBI are very important, however, there needs to be a few ways tp make sure there are checks and balances on the powerful
1) making sure they feel like they are part of the world, and that killing a person is like killing a family member
2) making sure that there job is to patrol, protect and serve. They are not a task force but rather as much taxi drivers as they are protectors.
3) THe people should not hate them as much as respect them and the job they are meant to serve. Hate the rules, not the people.

Drugs and Happiness and economy
-Every one will get the same amount in paycheck
--Jobs include
---Sector Management (this can be in any sector, but basically involves more paper work then anything else)
---Protection
---Service-Includes restaurant
---Refurbishing-Includes plumbing, archatecture and engineering
---Exploration-Includes Past, Present and future
---Government-Government will be a mandatory class in school, and anyone will be an eligable choice. It will work like jury duty rather then a campaign, anyone can do it, its if you're the unlucky one to have to.

-With each paycheck you have the choice to get a bunch of valuable items, and the goal would to make sure products were cheap enough to make so everyone can have one while also creating add ons for personal customization satisfaction that people would have to save up for

You do not get a paycheck if you don't have a job
-School is free, however the guidlines of passing

Capitalist aspects
-Inventions will get you money for each time a person buys the product
-Fame will get you money for each time people buy your product
-There will be "Electricity gyms" where people can ride bicycles and lift weights and the movement is transfered into electricity. Depending on how much electricity you make will decide how much money you take


Laws
-They initially go through the lower offices, and if they are accepted, they are passed to relays that allow other offices to see whether they are worth it or not.













yeah........
Oh Damn, you put a lot more thought into this than I did, I totaly wish you could rule the world with this government. lol
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Tanuki on June 12, 2009, 10:03:01 AM
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
USSR is a dystopia during communism.
You might want to remember that Russia had a god damn feudal system running up to 1917 and what Stalin did after Lenin bit the dust in 1924 was some hardcore totalitarianism.
Not protecting Stalin or anything, he has more people on his kill log than Hitler. Russia was pretty backwards to begin with anyways.


apart from that good going captain obvious

and it's "was", since the USSR ended in 1991 and Russia was still sh[sub:10y8xkpp][/sub:10y8xkpp]it - see the russian business oligarchs bringing the thing almost back to feudalism, full circle
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 12, 2009, 12:18:13 PM
Quote from: "Tanuki"
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
USSR is a dystopia during communism.
You might want to remember that Russia had a god damn feudal system running up to 1917 and what Stalin did after Lenin bit the dust in 1924 was some hardcore totalitarianism.
Not protecting Stalin or anything, he has more people on his kill log than Hitler. Russia was pretty backwards to begin with anyways.


apart from that good going captain obvious

and it's "was", since the USSR ended in 1991 and Russia was still sh[sub:25571fq5][/sub:25571fq5]it - see the russian business oligarchs bringing the thing almost back to feudalism, full circle

no...it's "maybe will". Russia might be dumped again into communism. We are not sure. Future will tell.

Gosh yeah Stalin almost killed whole Russia...

And Russia was still rogue these days. USA caused this, because Truman wants to change the communistic ideology of Russia to democratic and free USA. After WWII, there were arising problems (e.g. nuclear weapons) and this is a complete opposite to their alliance against Germany in WWII.

Maybe Kennedy seemed scared of the Tsar Bomba.

Korea also. North and South is divided because of ideologies. North tried to invade South, and we all know that North is communistic; South is the democratic. Russia is allied to North because they share the same ideology, and so is the United Sates to South Korea. South wasn't invaded since US, UK, Turkey, Canada, Australia, France, the Philippines, the Netherlands, Belgium, New Zealand plus others help South. North then didn't budge, except they produce more quantities of nuclear armaments.

IDK, but I wished Earth is united: there will be no boundaries, no countries. Therefore mankind will be together for the advancement and future of the human race. But this isn't perfect either, since all mankind will depend into one ruler, and the ruler is the one who makes the whole world organized, or dystopic.

But no that doesn't seem right. That was risky. ANY government has flaws, and you can't determine the right government for a country.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Tanuki on June 12, 2009, 01:46:21 PM
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
IDK, but I wished Earth is united: there will be no boundaries, no countries. Therefore mankind will be together for the advancement and future of the human race. But this isn't perfect either, since all mankind will depend into one ruler, and the ruler is the one who makes the whole world organized, or dystopic.
I think different cultures and languages and everything should be retained, globalisation sucks >:


Quote from: "Rocketfrick"
no...it's "maybe will". Russia might be dumped again into communism. We are not sure. Future will tell.
What is that even referring to? Feudalism isn't any better. >:


Also thread sucks
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Yoshi Skier on June 13, 2009, 04:25:14 PM
First of all, the Ten Commandments is a set of morals, not an economic system; it can't be used to run an economy. Also, no system is perfect, whether it be governmental or economical.

One setback I find with communism is that individual motivation to succeed and be productive is lost. To simplify it as an example: if I was making a product, why would I put in the extra time and effort in to make it great, when it doesn't effect how much money I earn in wages? People are driven by money, sadly. If there is no added payoff, people will not produce the same quality or quantity of goods.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 13, 2009, 04:28:17 PM
Quote from: "Tanuki"
Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
IDK, but I wished Earth is united: there will be no boundaries, no countries. Therefore mankind will be together for the advancement and future of the human race. But this isn't perfect either, since all mankind will depend into one ruler, and the ruler is the one who makes the whole world organized, or dystopic.
I think different cultures and languages and everything should be retained, globalisation sucks >:

agreed.  what we need is not to come to a total agreement between all races and cultures, but TOLERANCE of each other.  We all don't need to be on the same page with everything. What we need is to learn to accept that other people's ways of doing things are not necessarily wrong, but are just not the way you do it.  This goes for religion as well.  as long as they don't infringe on your basic needs and culture then why the hell should you care if someone is black, a jew, or belongs to any other group?
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Yoshi Skier on June 13, 2009, 04:34:13 PM
Though globalization would increase efficiency and production, it just isn't feasible. What language? Currency? System of government? The list goes on and on, and people are stubborn for a reason - heck, I don't want to learn a new language either.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 13, 2009, 04:43:07 PM
Quote from: "Yoshi Skier"
Though globalization would increase efficiency and production, it just isn't feasible. What language? Currency? System of government? The list goes on and on, and people are stubborn for a reason - heck, I don't want to learn a new language either.

also, it adds more flavor to our world.  why would people want to travel to "china" (or any other place for that matter) under globalization it would be exactly the same everywhere you go.  :p
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 13, 2009, 09:42:15 PM
Sure it adds flavor, but when countries are constantly fighting, what's the point? wouldn't it be nice if the earths nations just shared everything? shared it's resources, it's money, it's products and all those other nice things.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 14, 2009, 02:37:26 AM
How about:
Quote
- Every man is strictly treated on what you treat yourself. No one can abide the laws concerning human rights. Racism is strictly prohibited and anyone who exhibits it will be executed.
- Economics of a certain part of a world is the economics of the world itself.
- Cultures are respected the way one respects his own culture.
- All the people, young or old, can vote for their ruler.
- The ruler is responsible for the outcome of the Earth.
- Laws must be agreed upon the whole world after the ruler executes the law.
- Justice is fair to both rich and poor.
- Every person must have an equal and righteous share of the world coffers.
- People must be responsible for the cleanliness and safety of the world.
- People have the freedom of speech regarding governmental topics.
- Every person can speak their native language, but English is the language to be spoken in terms of social or international affairs (meaning a person has to speak English if representing a region).
- Only 5 currencies are allowed to buy and sell, and they must be agreed upon the whole world (haha  :P  US Dollar, Euro, Bahrain Dinar, Japan Yen, and British Pound - this is my suggestion)
- Every person must help others in fields of knowledge, meaning everyone must have an idea about the advancement of humankind.
- Every person can choose their religion - no one can hinder the beliefs of persons.
- Currencies if damaged must be brought back to the World Bank and has a valid reason of damaging the currency. Currencies cannot be burned, teared or counterfeited. A fine for one who counterfeits, burns, or damages is the souble for the amount he counterfeits, etc.
- Criminals are jailed forever. People can kill a criminal if he escapes from jail.
- People must follow some rules of the Ten Commandments: not making oneself an idol, attending religions activities for 50 years, honoring the family, not murdering anybody, stealing anything, commits adultery, and gives false testimonies to others.
- Atheists are treated the same as ones with religions.
- The ruler must be treated as everyone of us.
- Every person shall not exhibit anarchy.

you can change/add something when one/many of these look unrighteous.

Remember that this is for the whole world, and you have to submit laws for unity and peace.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 14, 2009, 04:10:04 PM
Quote from: "Roxas"
Sure it adds flavor, but when countries are constantly fighting, what's the point? wouldn't it be nice if the earths nations just shared everything? shared it's resources, it's money, it's products and all those other nice things.

thats what i mean by TOLERANCE.  it IS possible (difficult none the less) to have different cultures without fighting.  to tell you the truth globalization would probably cause more fighting because tons of different people would be forced to give up their culture, language, etc.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 14, 2009, 08:57:11 PM
Quote
forced to give up their culture

Why would you think that? Just because (hypothetically speaking) The world Would be United Doesn't mean people will give up their cultures, for example Most people here in South florida Are hispanic and we have a hispanic culture, in Chinatown (not an actual city but a community) people retain their chinese culture. and in little italy(ethnic enclave) people retain thier italian culture, and guess what, all of those places are in the US, one country, so whether it be one country or one nation,  people won't throw away thier cultures.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: formula1 on June 14, 2009, 11:09:45 PM
Culture is important
But as seen by Hiphop and abstract art, culture can come from absolutely nowhere...
People just trying to find themselves or finding joy in things...

Also America has shown us that specific teachings can be maintained but also change and adaot
-Martial arts turns into Tiger Shulmans

I think Globalization isn't as important as making sure world leaders have very little power, and Armies are used more as guards rather then taskmasters.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: eeliottheking on June 15, 2009, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: "Roxas"
Quote
forced to give up their culture

Why would you think that? Just because (hypothetically speaking) The world Would be United Doesn't mean people will give up their cultures, for example Most people here in South florida Are hispanic and we have a hispanic culture, in Chinatown (not an actual city but a community) people retain their chinese culture. and in little italy(ethnic enclave) people retain thier italian culture, and guess what, all of those places are in the US, one country, so whether it be one country or one nation,  people won't throw away thier cultures.

but by globalization and creating a unified market we would either need a rape load of translators (good luck) or a unified language in order to allow products to be moved between all areas of the world.  you would also need to have the same goods in each area in order to achieve equality and single worldly economy that globalization will create.  This is because Trade is now unified and all parts of the earth's goods are pooled equally throughout since you can't place a higher value on a certain area's goods.  That would remove several elements of culture from each individual area because they contain nearly the same materials and language.  if you don't achieve both of those things then you have separated territories and separate economies which will create different territories or "countries" and you will have not created globalization.  You also have to force all countries to agree to a certain form of government and market.

It won't work in the earth we live in today.  there are simply too many problems.
Title: Re: Iv'e been thinking lately...(serious topic)
Post by: Roxas on June 15, 2009, 06:32:46 PM
Quote from: "eeliottheking"
Quote from: "Roxas"
Quote
forced to give up their culture

Why would you think that? Just because (hypothetically speaking) The world Would be United Doesn't mean people will give up their cultures, for example Most people here in South florida Are hispanic and we have a hispanic culture, in Chinatown (not an actual city but a community) people retain their chinese culture. and in little italy(ethnic enclave) people retain thier italian culture, and guess what, all of those places are in the US, one country, so whether it be one country or one nation,  people won't throw away thier cultures.

but by globalization and creating a unified market we would either need a rape load of translators (good luck) or a unified language in order to allow products to be moved between all areas of the world.  you would also need to have the same goods in each area in order to achieve equality and single worldly economy that globalization will create.  This is because Trade is now unified and all parts of the earth's goods are pooled equally throughout since you can't place a higher value on a certain area's goods.  That would remove several elements of culture from each individual area because they contain nearly the same materials and language.  if you don't achieve both of those things then you have separated territories and separate economies which will create different territories or "countries" and you will have not created globalization.  You also have to force all countries to agree to a certain form of government and market.

It won't work in the earth we live in today.  there are simply too many problems.
I agree 100% with that, but people will still retain their cultures, Peoples culture is a part of them, part of their personalities and part of their lifestyle, I could see how culture would adapt, but there will be several distinct cultures still present.  for example, You and your friends hang out in a small mall, and then the small mall is bought out by a bigger one, nothing will change between you and your friends.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Pikadude No. 1 on June 15, 2009, 07:57:18 PM
1. The greater the imbalance of power, the more things suck (see for example pre-French Revolution conditions).
2. The greater the quantity of ignorance, the more things suck (propaganda is basically an exploitation of ignorance).

And that's all I have to say about how to run the Earth.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 15, 2009, 08:07:22 PM
Quote from: "Pikadude No. 1"
1. The greater the imbalance of power, the more things suck (see for example pre-French Revolution conditions).
2. The greater the quantity of ignorance, the more things suck (propaganda is basically an exploitation of ignorance).

And that's all I have to say about how to run the Earth.
well that's pretty cool, i guess.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 16, 2009, 03:39:05 AM
Sorry for off-topic (this happens most of the time :!: )

Religion can be a weapon. I'll prove it.

Religion is just a way of making people united, in a way that they believe they come from one thing. In that case, religion can be a weapon (in fact, Spore has this, but true). Look - Rome united by one religion. If Constantine didn't unite his Empire, then Germany, France, and others won't be included in the "Holy" Roman Empire. Another - Spain tried to establish a colony where there are many spices, and most of what they're searching is in SE Asia. They told our ancestors that they will just spread Christianity, but it goes the other way around....
[spoilers:2t3rwhvl]...they built a secret town in the Philippines and they call in reinforcements of capturing the whole country. And imagine they would be killing many people there. That's a violation of the Ten Commandments - and that is off the list.[/spoilers:2t3rwhvl]

Getting topic...

Pikadude is definitely correct. I full agree to that. Imbalance of power means corruption. And corruption means defiling of credibility of government. And that results into people overthrowing the government - and BOOM --- CHAOS.
Quantity of ignorance. Like what I've said. Ancient Filipinos were blinded by the Spaniards' real mission. And clearly they are ignorant.

BTW don't worry about cultures. Every one must respect other cultures, especially if you're in their country. Cultures can't dissipate too quickly - it's a part of history and man's life. You can't change that!

Oh another thing, history is being written by winners (e.g. wars - The world believed the American side of WWII, poor Japanese side was thrown into oblivion). It's so unfair that history books should have both sides of two opposing forces - so that it will be fair and just.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 16, 2009, 08:59:59 AM
If history books had both sides of the story, then American kids will grow up to hate their country for what it's done, and america has caused a ton of issues in the world.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: eeliottheking on June 16, 2009, 11:59:34 AM
Quote from: "Roxas"
If history books had both sides of the story, then American kids will grow up to hate their country for what it's done, and America has caused a ton of issues in the world.
so have plenty of other places in the world.  but its better to acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them rather than to be all emo and hate our country.  you don't see anyone (correct me if I'm wrong Tanuki) from Germany going "baaaawwwwwwwwwww  nazi's were evil" /cut
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Tanuki on June 16, 2009, 12:27:27 PM
Quote from: "eeliottheking"
so have plenty of other places in the world.  but its better to acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them rather than to be all emo and hate our country.  you don't see any one (correct me if I'm wrong Tanuki) from Germany going "baaaawwwwwwwwwww  nazi's were evil" /cut
Do you even know how fu[sup:3p2no8ih][/sup:3p2no8ih]cking irritating it is to have somebody call me a nazi just because I'm half a german and live there, no matter how green my views probably are? I really don't get why people have to be bigots despite knowing Germany is totally different nowadays.

Then again we also have loads of stereotypes of fatassery and brainlessness concerning america. This is surprisingly related:
Quote from: "Roxas"
If history books had both sides of the story, then American kids will grow up to hate their country for what it's done, and America has caused a ton of issues in the world.
I'd actually like you guys to reflect on WWII for once, it's pretty recent history. Most people don't even seem to know that much about it.

And that there are actually americans that don't even know about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki or don't care for it is terrible, imo Pearl Harbor is almost a joke in comparison, Japan attacked a military base that everybody bawwws about and America nuked two cities leaving them with cancer and devastation. And hell, America turns Pearl Harbor into a tourist attraction and moviestar while Japan rebuilds and builds a memorial at zero point.

Speaking of one-sided historical accounts I'd much rather mention Vietnam :V


ragepost


You'd wish America actually did something in Darfur without needing an incentive such as oil, therefore fulfilling it's own stereotypes. |:


On an unrelated and more happy note: American Civil War is one hell of an interesting topic that I enjoyed learning about when I was over there for a bit, you guys don't have to deal with a sh[sub:3p2no8ih][/sub:3p2no8ih]itstorm of kings and queens and medival things. Personally I find native americans to be incredibly fascinating, but most replies I get when I say that immediately reference alcohol abuse and casino-ownership because people can't look at the times before you guys conquered the continent and turned it into a world of cars and consumer culture. That's right eliot, I'm looking at you there.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Yoshi Skier on June 16, 2009, 05:24:29 PM
Tanuki had a lot of interesting things to say there. It seems like it happens often where an extreme group acts (ex. Neo-Nazi groups), and they are taken to reflect an entire group of people. Same thing has occured with the Muslim or Islamic faiths. Also I find it interesting how since the American Revolution, there have been few battles that have actually taken place on American soil. It's a lot easier to fight that way.

And I do agree that the question of America's bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki is rather complex. I also like the call-out for Darfur - Add Uganda or any other of numerous countries to that.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 16, 2009, 05:43:44 PM
Quote from: "Tanuki"
Quote from: "eeliottheking"
so have plenty of other places in the world.  but its better to acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them rather than to be all emo and hate our country.  you don't see any one (correct me if I'm wrong Tanuki) from Germany going "baaaawwwwwwwwwww  nazi's were evil" /cut
Do you even know how fu[sup:39oh2bry][/sup:39oh2bry]cking irritating it is to have somebody call me a nazi just because I'm half a german and live there, no matter how green my views probably are? I really don't get why people have to be bigots despite knowing Germany is totally different nowadays.
 We'll I don't recall anyone calling you a Nazi. in fact there were/are Nazis all around the world not just in Germany,

Quote
And that there are actually americans that don't even know about the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki or don't care for it is terrible, imo Pearl Harbor is almost a joke in comparison, Japan attacked a military base that everybody bawwws about and America nuked two cities leaving them with cancer and devastation. And hell, America turns Pearl Harbor into a tourist attraction and moviestar while Japan rebuilds and builds a memorial at zero point.

It's true, America Does Make a huge deal of everything, yet freely bombs whatever the heck they want, in fact I couldn't even imagine what it would be like if the middle east has bombed us as much as we have them. and the whole 9/11 deal, sure it was bad, but It was just two buildings, now compare that to two cities, and decide which is worse.


Also Vietnam, we sprayed entire forests with "agent orange" and leave devistating effects years later

[spoilers:39oh2bry](http://http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Agent-orange-deformities-vietnam.jpg)[/spoilers:39oh2bry]
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: eeliottheking on June 16, 2009, 10:38:47 PM
Quote from: "Roxas"
Quote from: "Tanuki"
Quote from: "eeliottheking"
so have plenty of other places in the world.  but its better to acknowledge our mistakes and learn from them rather than to be all emo and hate our country.  you don't see any one (correct me if I'm wrong Tanuki) from Germany going "baaaawwwwwwwwwww  nazi's were evil" /cut
Do you even know how fu[sup:1m89dpwm][/sup:1m89dpwm]cking irritating it is to have somebody call me a nazi just because I'm half a german and live there, no matter how green my views probably are? I really don't get why people have to be bigots despite knowing Germany is totally different nowadays.
 We'll I don't recall anyone calling you a Nazi. in fact there were/are Nazis all around the world not just in Germany,

i call him a nazi on skype all the time for lulz.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Rockerfrick on June 17, 2009, 04:54:59 AM
Nazis don't just live in Germany Tanuki. Nazis can be around the world. Well anyways, Nationalsozialistiche HQ is in Germany - therefore it will be called Nazi country. Blame Hitler for that!

About the two-sided, well history is very colorful and even history is such a long story, People will still be interested about it because - yeah it's a long story and you just can't imagine why the world today exists. And kids will have nothing but to accept the fact that America has a lot of issues - without that, America might be different - I can't imagine that.

Poor African people. I take pity of them because they're poor, plus thousands are killed because of those "blood diamonds".

I was really impressed with how Japan regained its integrity. Even they were bombed twice (Imagine mini-nukes bombing a small country), they still stood up and carried on. But some Japanese blame themselves for attacking America - America is so strong (I agree with them). They just fought Manchuria for oil that America had been aware of that. America told Japan to pull off their troops from Manchuria. They wouldn't listen. America declared war.

Really Japan can't help it. They need oil for industrialization. I wonder what Akihito did to develop Japan.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Tanuki on June 17, 2009, 06:15:10 AM
Quote from: "Yoshi Skier"
Same thing has occured with the Muslim or Islamic faiths.
Definitely, first thing your average american sees a muslim with a turban and a beard the security guys have to go check because he might be a terrorist. And terrorists come in all shapes and sizes and from every part of any spectrum, look at the RAF in Germany, so that prejudice is totally uncalled for.

Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
Nazis don't just live in Germany Tanuki. Nazis can be around the world. Well anyways, Nationalsozialistiche HQ is in Germany - therefore it will be called Nazi country. Blame Hitler for that!
While far-right parties exist everywhere, Nazism is a german thing. Though ironically enough there's loads of Russian Neonazis and Sweden's got huge amounts too. Racism isn't uncommon in America either, or at least that's the general stereotype of the south dem yankees like Eliot enforce. And ps eliot I <3 you so don't worry

Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
About the two-sided, well history is very colorful and even history is such a long story, People will still be interested about it because - yeah it's a long story and you just can't imagine why the world today exists. And kids will have nothing but to accept the fact that America has a lot of issues - without that, America might be different - I can't imagine that.
What are you even trying to say? There's something about the stereotypical american lifestyle that really scares me, and that's probably the ignorance and apathy to stuff like that. And about the Pearl Harbor vs Hiroshima/Nagasaki thing, I talked to an american who lives over here about it and she was saying I should go watch the movie because the bombing of the military base is OH SO BAD in comparison to nuking two cities. And then I ranted about the tourist thing.

Quote from: "Rockerfrick"
Poor African people. I take pity of them because they're poor, plus thousands are killed because of those "blood diamonds".
There's far more going on down there than just that, be it genocide, dictators, starvation and whatnot.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Kabukiguy on June 23, 2009, 06:45:57 PM
OMG CAPITALISM, SUK MY COMMUNISM NUTZ
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 24, 2009, 03:38:30 PM
seriousely? Threads like these don't need this type of nonsense.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Kabukiguy on June 24, 2009, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: "Roxas"
seriousely? Threads like these don't need this type of nonsense.
this whole thread is nonsense.

lern2getfactsstraight before you post this assfest again.
Title: Re: ITT we talk about How the earth is governed
Post by: Roxas on June 24, 2009, 05:10:07 PM
Here, this is for you GDKN (http://http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/postingurl)
also this thread can only go downhill from here.